Monday, February 11, 2013

Spring Cleaning

Oh me, oh my! What a whirlwind of a weekend. So, not only did I work Friday through Sunday I decided it was time to reorganize Wesley's room. He has an overwhelming obscene amount of toys and clothes and just STUFF, everywhere. His things have began to even gather into the rest of our household and our home has become overwhelmingly cluttered! As evidence by:



 And this (don't mind the Christmas decor...):


We live in a 1200 sq. ft apartment and we utilize every spare inch of closet space we can. We needed a solution so I thought hmmmmmmm Wesley needs a toy chest. I didn't want one with a lid due to the possibility that Wes could possibly pinch his little fingers. I found this mamma jamma on Pinterest but in dark blue; you can find it here:
If you clicked the link you'll find this sucker costs $94. A bit pricey for a toy chest. My oh.so.amazing.Amazon.searching FIL found it at a beautiful lower cost at Walmart for $60. That's a $34 difference!!!

While I don't have any pictures of what Wesley's room looked before we started moving things around, I do have a few random shots from before he was born and then after (ha! you can totally tell too):



As you can see the bottom picture was during one of Wesley's famous closet de-bulkings.

But this what his room looks like now:





Ah, this makes mommy so happy. (And I really despise mirrored closet doors!) I also went through and boxed all of his 6-9 month clothes. Because this kid is finally ALL 12 month clothes. Ugh, #shortpeopleproblems!

I also purchased this fabric and supplies for my first sewing project! Hint Hint Hint :) Lol! Not really a hint more like a give-away!



Excited to see if I can pull it off. Stay tuned...

No comments: