Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Love is in the air!!!



This past weekend Jimmy and I got the distinct honor of hosting a little Engagement celebration for our dear friends Greg and Ashley.


This oh.so.adorable couple actually got engaged November 20th last year but do to the holidays Jimmy and I felt it was better to wait to throw them a little something. We figured the weekend after Valentine's Day would be perfect. Love themed Engagement party?!?! Ah, I blush.


Her ring is gorgeous! It has a huge sentimental value as Greg placed diamonds in setting that were an heirloom! Again, I blush!


I did all the decorations myself (pats self on back!). You gotta love the dollar aisle at Target. And I am pretty sure you can do any craft with a hot glue gun, fabric glue and spray paint :0)




Ek, they are so cute!


I made this little banner out of doilies and bakers twine. Crafty huh?!?!






At first thought, I was unsure about the little wooden heart thingys but they really turned out good. I got a bag of assorted sizes at Michael's for $3. I spray painted some red to go with the theme. I used them on the banners, for little additions to finish a off an item and as confetti (I am so NOT a fan of real confetti...such a pain to clean up!)


Mmmmm Red Velvet and Vanilla cupcakes. Can you tell I have a LOVE of sprinkles?!?





The lollipops were a last minute addition to them but I feel that added a little extra love <3





Centerpieces on middle tables :0)


Cards and Gifts


Yummy food stuff. While I didn't do the food myself it was pretty delicious. :0)


Greg's Family 


Ashley's Grandparents


Us and Them (don't you like how I made Ashley take her shoes off so I wouldn't appear super short!)


The crew!


Oh and note to self for the future. Use a little more coverage before going all awesome on a project with spray paint. Opps :/










No comments: