Friday, November 18, 2011

3 weeks!

I meant to write this yesterday but it was kind of a rough day...

So the bubs is definately gaining some weight! His cheeks are getting chunky and he is starting to fill out his newborn clothes (finally!). His cord fell off the other night when I was changing him so his last bath he was able to be submerged and he really enjoyed LOVED it!!! He has started grabbing/reaching for things and loves having his hands near his face which is no real surprise to us because every time we had an ultrasound he had his hands right there in his face blocking us from seeing is oh.so.cute self!!




Breastfeeding has been a bit rough. Somedays he will latch others he won't. He is also super sensitive to foods I eat; enter why yesterday was such a rough dia! So when it comes to the breastfeeding game it is really up to Wesley. I must admit that when I decided I wanted to breastfeed I didn't think it would be this diffcult but it is and we are doing our best to make it work [enter a mommy who is trying to be ok with this].

So that's pretty much it for now. I'm off to FINALLY grab a shower...yes!!!!!!!

Wesley is 3 weeks and 1 day old!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Breastfeeding is best, but it isn't easy. I gave Alyssa 5 weeks and we are almost done weaning (I did it slowly hoping it would help her tummy). I really wanted to do 6 months, but we kept passing thrush back and forth, painful cracked nipples and a low supply...took 21 days to get back to birth weight. I was almost annoyed when I had to nurse because she didn't seem content with it. And power pumping at 3am after a 40 minute feeding really stinks! After starting the switch to formula she is the happiest baby and I feel so much more bonded with her. Do what's best for you and baby and don't let anyone try to tell you their opinion! :)